Wednesday, January 16, 2008


In reading a post today from WREN I found myself immediately wound up in my own comments to the post - so much so that I decided to just plop it over here on my site.

....waiting for the next thing and the next thing and the next thing to make us happy is NOT going to make us happy. We need to be, or at least I need to be, living in the present moment. Such a trite, totally non-original thing to say as every theologian I've ever read or studied has said that ---- but it is pretty timeless.

I am very happy in my life right now (as you may have read in my latest posts) but I've spent far too much of my total lifespan "waiting" and sometimes missing the ever so perfect moments that were right in front of my face! For me, the deal is "I CANNOT WAIT" - I need to hold the precious of today, today, NOW!

Journeys, yep, I'm on one of great measure and delight. With heart and head and hands wide open I'm not waiting, I'm going for it! How about you - are you waiting too much for the thing, the house, the city, the job, the car, the situation? Stop waiting - enjoy your life now.

2 comments:

  1. amen!
    saw a great movie yesterday kind of about all that waiting...it is "the bucket list"...yep, it's "jack playing jack" but i laughed and cried and totally loved the skydiving scene :-)
    you are so right! WE CANNOT WAIT!

    (and just a little food for thought...many of the theologians & lay people i have heard are totally waiting for "the kingdom to come" out there in the future without realizing that "the kingdom" is also right here and now!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I couldn't agree more...time spent waiting is time wasted...you have to live "now", in the moment, in the here and now and savour what it is...I stopped "waiting" for things and learned to appreciate the simple things in the life as some of the best treasures on earth...living through cancer cleanses your eyes so that you can see into your soul. If you allow it to.

    ReplyDelete