Saturday, February 02, 2008

Aloha from Maui




Yep, we're back on Maui. It's been two years since we were here with 3 of our children, a son-in-law to be that we were all falling in love with, and two marvelous grandchildren. Last year we were on the Big Island, sans children, etc. and this year we are back on Maui. Our youngest daughter and and yet another favored son-in-law with 2 more grandchildren will be joining us this year for a few days. We are truly blessed to be able to enjoy these wonderful days with our children in a paradise-like setting.

We will be here for 3 weeks and then we will venture over to Oahu to visit my husband's sister and family and to celebrate a big birthday date. All in all, we have a wonderful month planned for ourselves to celebrate both of our retirements and to launch yet another phase in our own lives and in our lives together. We give God great thanksgiving for this time together and for the time with our families.

What special blessings and thanksgivings will you be celebrating in 2008? No day should go without giving thanks - what are you most thankful for today?

2 comments:

  1. today i am most thankful for the relationship with my wonderful sister. while i have many blessings for which to be grateful, today seems like a good day to have her at the top of my list.

    lots of things stirring here (even around your last couple of posts.) i am reading and pondering. you've got me thinking!!!

    i might be even more grateful if i were sitting on the lanai and sipping an appropriate something with two of my favorite island bound people :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today I am thankful that I am in a position to make choices that sometimes other people are not able to make.

    I have no "special" plans for blessings or thanksgivings this year -- I give thanks every day for the one I'm in. I take each day as it comes and when I reach May 4th, if all is well with my body and my follow ups then I will be blessing the fact that I am 3 years into survivorship from breast cancer.

    Enjoy Maui and Oahu -- I could definitely go for some of that warmth today!!

    ReplyDelete