Friday, January 15, 2010

HAITI Needs your donation

I am away but I'm not on an island and with underlying heartache for Haiti, I continue my daily life in the warm and loving home of my sister and brother-in-law. Away for a long weekend but not unplugged, I find Haiti is everywhere and that's where it must stay for a looooooonnnnngggg time so that we do not forget that the news is tiring, that the people still lie under rubble, that the babies still thirst and that the grown men weep at their inability to continue the search. Over at Writing Without Paper today, Maureen has articulated better than I ever could ways in which all of us can help with this international tragedy. Country Parson also wrote earlier this week about our need to remember, to pray. Please visit these sites to read and find at least one way you personally can assist God's people in Haiti now and in the future. Their plight must not be forgotten. They cry out to the same God that we do and we must be God's hands in this catastrophe.

Everyone is asking for your money, our money - let's give it to them, at our house we've made an initial donation and then another. I pray that we will continue to remember and that if you haven't given already find places to give like these - Episcopal Relief and Development and/or Mercy Corps.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your mention of my blogpost. It was prompted by a remark this morning from someone who said, "I feel so helpless, I don't know what I can do." I had to write in response. Writing and tweeting and texting can all help.

    My husband and I also gave through ERD and are directing our donations this Sunday to Haiti.

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so welcome. Haiti is here to "stay" and we can't forget!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just begun to find words for it. It is something that leaves a person silent, so great is the devastation.

    ReplyDelete