|Polenta Stack at Lahain Grill|
1. The Lahaina Grill - Polenta Stack was outstanding - flavors just melting in my mouth. This night I had lobster ravioli to begin!.......the management decided our party of 6 needed a variety of desserts, creme brulee, berry pie, warm chocolate cake with ice cream
2. The Pineapple Grill - Short Ribs Ravioli appetizer with Surfin' Goat Dairy Cheese - rich enough for a meal - saving room for dessert, oh my - one night was warm chocolate cake and another their famous pineapple upside down cake with fresh pineapple topped with Roselani's macadamia ice cream and coconut phyllo shreds on top - oh and surrounded by an amazing caramel sauce! Rombauer bottle completed this delish dinner
3. I'O - amazingly imaginative fresh fish dishes - beautiful ocean breezes
4. Roy's Kahana, now Roy's Kaanapali - they've moved - but still the best butterfish ever!!! Just order the appetizer size
5. HONO - 2 lunches and 2 dinners with take-home boxes as well. Steve does takeout non-dairy chocolate mousse cake here! The turtle watching as well as the manta rays surfing were enchanting evening time entertainment
6. MALA - room for toasted brussels sprouts - it'll change your definition of bs forever!
7. Leoda's Kitchen and Pie Shop - lunchtime, I've never had a BLT to write home about but this place deserves the accolade, thick bacon, avocado, sweet maui onion, sweet mountain grown fresh lettuce, the piecrusts - soft and flaky, the secret - lard, of course - definitely on Steve's non-dairy dessert list. He chose dairy free, I chose coconut creme pie and chocolate macadamia, carmel sauce
8. Kai Sushi - well, it will ruin your idea of sushi for anyplace else! So fresh!
9. Star Noodle*
*review pending - we haven't been able to actually get in to Star Noodle YET - their beautiful, rather small restaurant is always hoppin' and we keep trying to catch them on an "un-hoppin'" night:)