Sunday, April 05, 2009

Will you be the light?

'The Entry of Christ into Jerusalem' mosaic by...Image via Wikipedia




Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. And even the hairs of your head are all counted. So do not be afraid; you are of more value than many sparrows. -Matthew 10:29-31-


From the Episcopal Relief and Development Organization readings for Lent, the verses from Matthew and the thought for the day below came across my computer screen one day this past week -

"We are treasured, each of us, by the God who made us each unique, and we treasure our own uniqueness. But we also are part of a community, each of us, and the meaning of why we're here is found in others. The answering light in another's eyes brings us each to life."

My questions for me and for you on this Palm Sunday are these - Will I, will you be the answering light in another's eyes? Will I, will you be the one that gives another person hope, comfort or aid today - it may only be our eyes, our ears, or our smiles that is needed. I'm praying that God will remind me of thess questions to myself today and that I will offer the gift that is most needed to another one of God's children freely, automatically, without a doubt.

Happy Palm Sunday!




Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment