Sunday, June 28, 2009

No limit on how close?


From Julia Cameron's book, Faith and Will, comes this scripture and reminder to me and maybe to you too-

"Proverbs 1:5 - Let the wise also hear and gain in learning. This scripture advises that no matter what level we have reached in our faith, there is always another level to which we can go. There is no limit on how close we can get to God."

It is so true that my faith and confidence in that faith can sometimes swell to perhaps just short of righteousness/arrogance? Conveniently and sometimes painfully, because the compassionate God to whom I worship is ever protective of my "over-confidence/conceit," I find She always has a way of putting out that stumbling block and saying "whoops" where is it you were going with that confidence?!

Have a great Sunday, worship some, play some, and let's be downright outrageously generous with our faith and thanksgiving! God will let us know if and when we over-do it!






Photo - Sunrise Sister - St. George Episcopal Church, Leadville, CO


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments:

  1. very nice post...it was a jumping off point for my own this morning :-)

    enjoy your sunday! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment and I look forward to see how inspirational I was for your a.m. post:)

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought it was my job to be the stumbling block
    CP

    ReplyDelete