I have a habit, and maybe you do too, of planning what I think my day is going to "look like" in regard to scheduled meetings, errands to run, writing, cooking, etc. I check off the big pieces and then hope there's some time for little events to fall into place around the big ones. I find that normally works but right now with the big things loosely in my head, maybe I can plan some little things that will make my day and someone else's more pleasant....
1. Remember/reflect on a dream I had last night
2. Fetch newspaper (arf!), remove ad pages, place the comics on top, present to groggy loved one
3. Arrive at church in time to help somebody who needs it - out of their car - and into their pew
4. In church or at home, say a prayer for my enemies, ask that they forgive me
5. Listen to the preacher, I mean listen
6. Listen to God - in church or not - remembering I have to be quiet to listen and hear
7. Say hi to a person I don't know
8. Say hi to a child under 18 years old
10. Smile some more
11. Give thanks and more thanks
12. Give encouragement
13. Read or write a piece of poetry today
14. Enjoy my Sunday
Do you have a something little to do today for yourself or for someone else? I hope so.
Photo - SS - Dubrovnik, Croatia Cloister Cross