Sunday, April 11, 2010

Teach Me



Psalm 25:4 Make me to know your ways, O Lord:
teach me your paths.
(The New Oxford Annotated Bible)


Teach Me - Let Me Know
As oft as the hour, the minutes, the seconds
As number the pebbles under my feet

 As the sun sparks the warmth of the past spring day 
As the spring warm breeze summons my senses

As many times as the beat of my heart
Teach me, show me, let me know

Psalm 25:4  Show me how you work, God
School me in your ways. 
 (The Message/Eugene Peterson)




Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

  1. Lovely. Are the middle verses yours? This reminds me of the banquet at the recovery cafe last week when one of the members talked about her gratitude for being teachable. It's a wonderful aspiration to be taught rather than always being teacher!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lucy,

    Yes, the middle verses are mine - thank you.

    Not ever having been much of a teacher, I am always grateful for a gifted one. This little psalm portion brought the middle verses to mind.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete