Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Beware - the MindSieve is sorting again....

The LUCY reflection upon which I reflect, raised the question - "what is my passion?" - it seems to me one should know immediately one's passion and be able to name it! If one's passon is only faintly recognized, not easily articulated....is there no passion?

At the risk of just going way out there, I'm ready to declare that living is my passion!

I enjoy the most extravagant of events, of homes, of scenic beauty, of meals, of movies; but equally enjoy the value of "doing nothing" - listening to a radio, doing a simple crossword puzzle, exercising my mind, exercising my body, working in the garden, crying, laughing, with family and friends, analyzing God's plan for my life, walking my dogs, riding in silence with my husband in the car for miles and miles and then comfortably chatting for more miles about the stupid incredible subject of gas mileage, or the grandeur of the Palouse; conversing about the joy of our lives together in what we know is God's creation.

My passion for living is exacerbated as each year flies by more quickly than the last; as I observe my friends in their 80's and sometimes in their 70's becoming feeble in their bodies, and muddled in their minds. As I observe my grandchildren becoming young persons, the youngest of them becoming children, not babies anymore. As I observe the sunsets becoming more important and more beautiful than I have ever seen. As I observe how quickly in my mind now pettiness is correctly labeled pettiness and forgotten, as I forgive injustices towards me and realize that there are fewer and fewer of those, if there ever were any real ones. As I see more poor people and feel their pain, wanting to do something about their pain, as I strain from what could be the ease and extravagance of just "giving" financially to soften their lives or is that to make my living more meaningful? As I experience a fuller knowledge of God's presence in every fingertip stroking a keyboard, every meal I prepare for others, every sweet wet doggie nose on my ankle.

Thanks, LUCY, I see I do have a passion:)

No comments:

Post a Comment