Tuesday, July 01, 2008
Fear is a darkroom
"Fear is a darkroom where "negatives" are developed."
Having heard this memorable defining of fear at a Summer Solstice event, I've rolled it over in my mind for a couple of weeks now and come up with some self-guidelines to counteract the fear, the darkroom:
1. Don't spend too much time in there
2. Don't expect great results in the darkroom, especially if wearing a blindfold
3. Don't expect to find friends and family in there, they didn't want you to go there in the first place
4. Keep that door locked, if you must - peek in occasionally but then slam it shut
5. Remember how pleasant it can be outside of that room
6. While not dwelling on the fear aspect, there are so many other possibilities to entertain, to create, to accomplish
7. Fear - don't go there!
Manipulated photo - SS