Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sacred Life Sunday

I like and related so much to the quote below that I absolutely lifted it from blogger Maureen at "Writing without Paper" I hope you'll read the quote then visit her site by clicking on the link's title below -


Thought for the Day: Lent's Challenges

Lent as a holy season challenges you to aspire to be as Godlike as possible in forgiving and loving. We've all heard how the average person actualizes very little of his or her potential mental powers; the same is true of our spiritual potential. Lent as a holy season challenges you to reach for that potential, to aspire toward the greatness of soul that comes from cultivating virtues 
like justice, mercy, and love.
~ Edward Hays

Photo Sunrise Sister - I'ao Valley Maui

6 comments:

  1. I lifted the words from Hays himself, I liked them so much.

    Thank you for the link-over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, this is wonderful, and so in line with my particular Lenten journey this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maureen -

    glad we could ALL share it:) You're welcome for the link!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi P -

    It really struck me as a perfect goal for all of us - happy it hit you in the right spot too!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. THANK YOU! Great quote---I may 'lift' it from you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. bravo for a GREAT quote!! (SS, Maureen, Mr. Hays :-)

    ReplyDelete