Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Zephaniah? Hmmmm....


In the book I've been using in my Advent worship, God with Us, verses in Zephaniah 3:1-2, 9-13 were one of the readings for yesterday, the third Tuesday in Advent. Now, Zephaniah is not a book I flip to easily in the Old Testament; even after referencing the contents to find what page Z resided upon, I had to recheck the table of contents to find it again after I had written down this prayer. I wondered why I felt so positive about penning these words and if they had anything to do with my Z reading...........because I really could not quote or even paraphrase the verses........

Gracious God, comforter, healer, blessed in my life,
send me on tasks I do not seek, have not outlined and on which I fear to go.
Hold both my longing and anxiety in your hands.
Place strength and courage in me - so much that I step out of my path into yours.
Alert me to the markers that cross before my eyes, markers that I may feel tempted to overlook.
Let my eyes come from blurring to focusing on your vision - vision to follow the journey you've charted for my life.
I pray my mind, body and spirit will recognize your words, commands, urgings.
May I surrender to your will from now through resurrection. Amen


Did Zephaniah speak to me yesterday? Give Zephaniah a go - he might have a prayer for you also.

2 comments:

  1. whew! that is one powerful prayer!! certainly not for the timid or faint of heart. you go girl!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete